Saturday, March 23, 2013

ACTOR REVIEWS!!

Hi guys, the Corseted Critic here! I want to tell you just what I will be doing on this blog (mostly). I am a huge fan of films, but my tastes run more on the recent movies (say, last 50 years or so) and some of them are pretty good. I do have one thing that drives my mind to see certain films over others and that is a list...THE LIST.
This is a list of 20 or so actors of whom I am a fan of. Now, when I say 'fan' I mean of their work. They are talented actors who have a large resume of both good and bad films, and good and bad performances. Most of them have quite the range and are well known, but there are a few that not many people know about. I will watch anything and everything that these people are in. From single episodes to full seasons of shows, I will find everything I can to satisfy my need to know more about their characters.
I say characters because I do not constanly mark where they are in the world. I do not care how old they are, how many children they have or even if they are married. Sure, yes I do dream of meeting them, but it isn't the goal. The goal is, if I do meet them, to have a conversation about a film that they possibly thought no one had seen, to make an impression. And if I never meet them...Well, they play such great characters that I try to embed some of what they portray into my life, personality or work. For example: one of the actors is John C. McGinley. This man played Dr. Cox on Scrubs and loads of other things you have possibly seen but did not notice he was in. So when I was going through (what I like to call) my McGinley 'kick' I created a coat based off his lab coat in Scrubs, and finished a script of a film based on him and his son. Yes I know I said I don't care about their personal life, but if you look him up, you are bound to find quite a bit on his son as well, it's unavoidable.
I suppose the simple explination is that these are men who INSPIRE me. Sure they make more money than I do and it is more likely than not that we will not cross paths, but I really can't help it. I don't know what makes my mind go on these 'kicks' and quite frankly I don't want to know! It gives me something to do and inspiration for whatever I am doing whether it be writing, designing or even sometimes painting! These people make me feel like nothing is impossible and I am encouraged to believe it.
So why am I telling you all this? Well, my reviews on this blog will be based on my kicks. Whatever actor I am watching at the time will be the one I will base my reviews on. In about thirty seconds I will post another blog telling you who is up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment